Is it more than a vanity item
  • 28 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
BMeph wrote:
I was curious if there is some reward that benefits from higher rank - do you gain/lose more points - or is it just something to give players "bragging rights" in play?

It (unfortunately for me) occurred to me that it's strategically to one's advantage to play showing at least two ranks below the insignia one could purchase; is there a benefit to having a rank closer to the points one has?
Thorpe wrote:
nope
Just look at me!!!!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Well, ranks make you look like a better player (which usually is true).

It has two real uses. One is that other good players will see you are good, and maybe invite you in their personal games - that gives you lots of awesome games to play.
The second is that its gives new players a person to watch and see how they play.
Its good to watch how really good players play, and to think why they make moves (and ask them if you don't understand). Because of that you can get better yourself.

But yes, its mostly bragging rights ;-)

(Note that you have some real good players, who don't get the latest rank, so that you underestimate them... :) )
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
BrewDog wrote:
You should rank up automatically so people can't collect more points for keeping their rank low and make it a fair playing field so the higher ranks don't lose more points to those who are sand baggin.
Cireon wrote:
Well, both systems (automatic ranks and buyable ranks) have their pro and cons. The biggest pro for automatic ranks is that ranks actually represent the skill of the player better. However, removing the buying of coins will devalue tokens a lot, so there should be other ways of spending it, but I think got one or two ideas I could come up with if required ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Leedog wrote:
I thought points lost or gained in a game was based on the players points total?
Matty wrote:
You should rank up automatically so people can't collect more points for keeping their rank low and make it a fair playing field so the higher ranks don't lose more points to those who are sand baggin.

It doesnt work this way. Whether you have a high rank or not, you will win or loose exactly the same amount of points.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
nikeboix69 wrote:
When I first started at this site, I couldn't care less about the ranks. But after a while, and GenghisKhan's convincing words, I decided to start ranking up. It became a driving force for me also. Something to shoot for you know? People became shocked how fast I ranked up because I had accumulated so much points becfore actually doing so, hehe. I'm quite interested on what MuzuaneAskari's rank can actually be.

So in short, I would be in favor of players getting automatically ranked up.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
hehe nike; my rank should be between Chief Warrant and 2nd Lieutenant (I never had more than 3100 and some points). I am still far away from you ;-)
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Jimi wrote:
Oh Muz finally , now I can Rest in peace

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
lol Jimi. I told you, your record against me it's according to our points.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra