aka the 2 player map
  • 35 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Vexer wrote:
So I wanted to create the perfect map for the 2 player game. I came up with the territory connections first. Then I thought about a theme and came up with Saturn. I found an open source program called Celestia that allowed me to take a 3D rendering of Saturn and rotate it around to the right angle.

I then added the territory boundaries and Glanru helped with the coloring and shading and the text. Got it all done from the first thought of making a 2 player map to this in under 24 hours. awesome.

i decided on 30 territories so that in a 2p game each player would start with 10 territories and neutral would also have 10. The connections were designed with fairness and mobility in mind. hopefully this will work, but we won't know until we play it whether it is any better or not for 2 player games.

Notice that territories can attack each other through the center.

[image]
Dsds7292 wrote:
AHA!! So this is the thing that Glanru said he wouldn't tell me and that I fing out soon enough. SWEET, I think it is done.
Glanru wrote:
Just for the record, the design is all Vexer's. I just helped with the colors.
1771 wrote:
I like it, it looks like it would be interesting with more players too. You are a an awesome map maker my friend! you got some amazing ideals.
Vexer wrote:
yeah, it will interesting to see what games are good on this. I'm thinking a 4p capitals game would be awesome. but i definitely would never play an 8 man game. you'd only start off with 3 territories and could be killed before you ever take a turn.
Vexer wrote:
and that's exactly what makes it good for a two player game. the first person to get a region won't have a huge advantage because it will be hard to defend and there are 5 other equivalent regions the other player can take. Whereas on the world map, if a player gets Australia real easy at the beginning, it's extremely difficult for the other player to win.
Vexer wrote:
it might be a little while before this map becomes active on the site. I currently don't have the ability to do one part of the map adding process and need an Admin to do it for me. So we are waiting on some very busy admins.