A best of five, 2v2 face off.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Matty wrote:
A two player game (when both players know how to play) is pretty much just a coin toss. The lucky one wins, not the most skilled one.
When you play 2 vs 2 there is more skill involved though - and because of that Hoodlum organised his pairs tournament.

So killrick and me joined together to form the perfect team, and to practice a bit, we sent a silly message to three of the best teams that also participated, to challange them for a unoffical best of five series of 2v2 games: whoever wins 3 games takes all.

With balanced dice (to have some more skill and some less luck) and a nice composition of balanced maps (and a grazy map for the 5th game, may it come to that) we set off and fought some really awesome games.

Killumall vs Transmogrifiers
The first game was won by Killumall.
The second game was won by Killumall.
The third game was won by Transmogrifiers.
The fourth game was won by Transmogrifiers.
The fifth game was won by Killumall.
Winner: Killumall.

Killumall vs DominEErs
The first game was won by DominEErs.
The second game was won by DominEErs.
The third game was won by Killumall.
The fourth game was won by Killumall.
The fifth game was won by Killumall.

Killumall vs DeathFromAbove
The first game was won by Killumall.
The second game was won by Killumall.
The third game was won by death from above.
The fourth game was won by Killumall.

Overall these were amazing games. Some of them had a pretty unfair start and were won or lost quickly, most notably game 4 vs DominEErs, game 2 vs DFA and game 4 vs transmogrifiers.
Some of them however were completely grazy. And we won (or lost) even though we had a really good start. Most notably game 2 vs DominEErs and game 2 vs Transmogrifiers. I still don't know how we managed to win that switzerland game.
We managed to win all of them, but each of them was close and a real challange.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Well congratz, Killumall!

Unfortunately I have just bet on DFA, I hope not to lose my tokens!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
We lost pretty hard in the tourneys so far. All because of the dice of course :P.
Nah, but there's quite a difference between 1 game and a best of 5, pretty much anything can happen.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
There was I thinking that it was a relaxed, friendly set of games with little meaning.
I had no idea that it was so serious and that the results would end up, like an Athena poster, being blu-tacked to your bedroom walls ;D
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Matty wrote:
To be honest, I didn't think the games would be as awesome as they were. That was a lot of fun in 15, err 14, games.