Robots, Magical Dragons, Elves
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
badbug wrote:

Anybody a fan of history podcasts?  Which do you listen to? Why do you like the ones you do in particular?

My favourite is "the ancient world podcast"....the first few episodes aren't too action packed but it gets really good when you get into the Assyrians.  It starts in, well the beginning of recorded history and works its way up through the classical age.

Also Hardcore History, the History of Rome Podcast are great. The history of Byzantium is hit or miss but it's very indepth aswell.

maafi wrote:
I listen to BBC's History Hour podcast weekly - as well as lots of other shows. I have listened to some of the History of Rome but I had a problem with the pace and the tone. I should try it again.
I listen to a fair amount of audiobooks: a lot of historical stuff - most factual but also fiction set in a well researched historical period.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Crystal wrote:
My favorites so far are "Twelve Byzantine Rulers" and "Norman Centuries" by Lars Brownworth. Right now I'm in the middle of David Crowther's History of England and Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean. 

For something different try Richard Pogge's Astronomy 161. 
HammerTime wrote:
sounds cool im a history buff as well..where to access this?
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy