(Edit: or no points games)
  • 20 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
TP_knighty wrote:
im bored so i said ill jsut write it up. Its about having a privilige of having 2 acocunts once u reach a certain rank its jsut a sugestion i myself am not sure of it i mean my mind is diveded from all the minuses of it an dpluses but i want to see what u guys think, I think shootign out of my head there would be a plus of much more games played from a few here since its kinda knwon all the hgiher rank end up playing only long term games avoiding bad games which i must admit i quiet understnad. speaking for my self iknow im young at heart :P and i am pretty sure id be palying much more games if it wasnt cariing for rank yeah yeah yeah rank curse dont even start cause i got lots to threw back if u gonan start with that :P anyways sure there is a negative part people could get paranoid u use 2accout jsut to mess with someoen else well i dont know i just dont know but i know this if im complelty honest frustration alot of times makes me not play of loosiing too many points and then i end up playing usualy only when i really miss it or when i come to the point when i just dont care once again .bah as it sounds hummmm not sure which word to use im not gonna erase it ill just post it lol ;D
the point is i know how u should defend it once u get high rank but i think i can speak for many how frustrating is u finanly make it and then oops its gone so u just want to retire an dloook pretty lol :P
i think if u reach high rank u should have enuff honour not to abuse a 2nd account :P
but to finish it i guess inside me still tells me its not a good idea but maybe i jsut want to share it how frustrating is loosing it once u hardly achieve it ;D
Matty wrote:
I'm not sure if I understood your entire post, as it's not formatted well (enters / newlines help you know?).

However, instead of allowing 2 accounts, would allowing games without points help?
Because allowing 2 accounts can potentially cause a lot of trouble and make looking for cheaters hard.
If you can play a game that won't give or lose points, you can try some grazy settings again.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
TP_knighty wrote:
thx for rewrite ya my writing is litle messy lol :P

anyways could be a good idea that u could actually choose a game without points even thou i must admit the other site i play risk has that option and even if i get to the point i dont want to loose points i kinda dont use it but nevertheless could help this site grow some more games especially from people with higher ranks as usaid crazy settings :P but i have to add this site to get to hihger rank is muchhhhhhhhhhh harder then the other one so i guess yeah i would be using that option if it would be avaliable :P :D

just thoguth of it almsot already posted lol the most awsome would be if the points wouldnt count but statistics who u beat how many time s or how many timesu win or loose would be still counting only and onlyppoints not

but allowing 2 accounts i said not for everyone i thought like only from let say a brigadier general up like aprivilige for higher rank :P

anyways thx for reply apreciate it :D :P
Matty wrote:
Points aren't really a good measure who is good and who is bad. I know good players who only have a few points (ppl who mostly play only other good players for example).
I also know people who have lots of points from farming noobs and still can't play properly.

Points are even less a good way of measuring who is fair and who is not.

Apart from that, if you play for no points, you should also play for no statiscits. That just works better (there is a topic somewhere about it, it explained this well, but don't know anymore).

I'll keep this one on a list, it shouldn't be too hard to add, so maybe well have this feature in some time. Will take months though, busy on rewrite.

Thanks for bringing attention to this almost forgotten feature again, we should have it :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
I'd like to see 'pointless' games, but not where the top ranks all want to retire, and then only play pointless games. Rank hiding. Rank is an incentive for up and coming serious new players. Myself, I do notice i feel like playing less games once my rank get's up, like knighty mentions, and probably what many do, but that doesn't last long, i just want to play, and it's only good for the site to be active in the live room with ranked players too. promoting yourself with buying rank is an incentive and an extra fun aspect of the game. I think a new players first game/s could be pointless, while learning the site, and for others, pointless games should be limited to a few, where they can learn sametime games or whatever. I would have loved to play my first 200 sametime games against hooboy or david as pointless to learn sametime instead of clocking up ridiculous loss stats to them tho!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
There will be some limit on the 'pointless games' yes.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
In my opinion the restriction on these point-less games should be fairly high. Otherwise, it will be too easy to maintain a high rank, and some people would never play any games with points up for grabs for fear of losing their rank. Something like - for every 3 games you play, you 'earn' the ability to create or join 1 point-less game - would be my suggestion. That way people still have to fight for their ranks rather than retiring from points games and leaving their rank on the side like an ornament.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
I think, that high rankers should just keep playing with the drive and enthusiasm they used in order to get to that rank, there should be no problem maintaining it whilst enduring all the things they encountered on the way there, that is;
what? (click to show)
If you have indeed endured all these actions & anomalies on your way to the top, which by right you should have on many occasions, you will of course be able to continue gaining points regardless of these things which would be mostly unacceptable in any arranged game of risk at home between family, friends & acquaintances!

Here is the problem though, in order not to lose mega points for every loss, you have to play other high ranked players and unfortunately they are also good at winning and this means that instead of a win ratio of 3 or 4 / 1 against low ranked players, you will be down to 1 / 5 and even when you are due your 1 / 5 wins to recoup some points, one of the above actions will crop up to ruin it! Then you will be where some of us are, rolling down the ranks and trying desperately to find one game where your dice don't kill your well thought out strategy or someone doesn't throw the game straight to someone else!
Rank is not a curse, it's a hard earned status which as others have said, may or may not reflect a players strategic ability in all game types, but to keep it whilst still playing, requires true mastery of the game both on and off the board.
Something I wish I had time to learn, but alas it's not to be, my diplomacy & luck let me down.

Pointless games however, will be an awesome and welcome addition to the site, but not for players to just keep their (I'm the best there's ever been) status, but for Beta testing new maps, for new players to learn the game properly, for players to better their understanding and also for those that don't care about rank, at all!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
This is a perfect use for tokens! Use tokens in order to create pointless games!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
hmmmm yessss..i like that idea.

tokens wont be pointless then. pun pun.

Hoodlum wrote:
dunno if i would play pointless games that much myself, but i had an idea about when i would fork out a lot.

what if i could choose the option to not lose points at any time of a regular game. token cost should be high.... (winner is still rewarded with what they would normally get).

pointless game in a way, but only you know ;)

244954 tokens and counting!
Matty wrote:
One thing for pointless games is to try out grazy settings and try out grazy moves. If someone doesn't lose points (and tallies etc) in a game, while the rest does, he bascially can try things others wouldn't, which is very unfair IMO.

Nice thoughts about the tokens btw.
Antonis_xania wrote:
If one player doesnt lose points but the other one is rewarded than 2 players or more can make an agreement and earn points and ranks very easy

as Matty says in a pointless game there would be more suiciders because they have nothing to lose
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah, that would promote care less play.

how about!! lol. spending them for pointless games, but you get to win the token pool, still an incentive to win :)