Tweak?
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
emjaydee wrote:
My attendance score is 99/100 apart from when I go on holiday. I have a crappy phone and cant get on the site when I go away. Because of this, my score drops to around 90 despite me trying to reduce my games before I go. It's really annoying to be 100 rounds into a game and then miss 2 consecutive turns.

Is it possible to tweak vacation mode so that you can put how long you will be away and the system automatically add time if you have more than 1 vacation mode left.

I'd probably still miss 1 turn, but 2 lots of 48 hours would most likely mean I can take a turn after my week away and not be kicked from a game I've invested weeks/months into.
Matty wrote:
Sooo, vacation mode is not really ment for vacation, but more for when you go off for a weekend. Bit of a bad naming here, but "weekend away mode" sounds weird.

If you are off on vacation for a few weeks, just ask someone to stand in for you.
I sometimes ask Cireon to take my turns while I'm on vacation, and leave some notes on what I'd normally do. (Not that he really needs them, he's good enough on his own, but just for the sake of fairness).

Note that if the person to stand in for you is in the same game, you should announce it in the chat. It doesn't have to be cheating, but it's fair to let them know.

Edit: When you give access to your account to someone, you might want to change your password to something you are comfortable with to give to some trusted person. You can change it by logging out and logging in but with a wrong passord. It then gives you the option to change it, bit ugly but it works.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
That's good to know, I have annoyed my wife so much, trying to find Wi-Fi whilst on a week or two vacation, she says, "it's just a stupid game, can't you leave it until we get home!?"
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
lol, wonder how many times i've heard that.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman