changes to the game, bug fixes/reports
  • 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Vexer wrote:
I've been working on same time games recently and fixed the bugs that occurred when players run out of time.

I have also changed aspects of the game. It is no longer required that you end your turn. Letting the timer run out has no penalty. I have also removed the one hour turn limit from long term games so that long term games and live games can have the same strategy. You have the full 24 hours to take the turn which means you can wait for other players to make moves before you finish your turn. If all the players do end their turn, however, the next round will start sooner.

For live games there is no longer a waiting period for the last player who ends their turn. For Long terms games the waiting period is 12 hours or until another player starts their turn. Let me know if the change for live games has any negative effects.

When I get some more time I will be removing the add time feature from same time live games. If you need more time to make plans then let the timer run out instead of ending your turn. The timer will still reset when making a kill which should give you enough time to keep going. This is to make sure players are taking their turns at the same time instead of a player waiting for the other players to end turn and then adding time. Once I've made this change I would recommend 5 minute turns instead of 3.

With this new code there might be new bugs. Please report any glitched same time games here. But keep in mind that the rare glitches that happen when attacking or being attacked have not yet been fixed.

aeronautic wrote:
This has put the unique Same Time turn into its proper context at last.
I bet that was a huge amount of coding and code searching, but worth it! Thanks Vexer.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
123playcard wrote:
@Vexer, I think most same time players will not like this idea "Once I've made this change I would recommend 5 minute turns instead of 3."

3 minute is enough since most the interesting happens in the last minute (or last 30 seconds for good players). 5 minutes just makes the wait unnecessary longer
Vexer wrote:
Yeah probably. I also plan on creating an increasing turn time option that could be perfect for same time games. Turns would start out at 3 minutes and increase a little every few rounds. I just haven't worked out how exactly when and by how much time it should increase.
Villain191 wrote:
Vexer - May 26, 02:23 PM
Yeah probably. I also plan on creating an increasing turn time option that could be perfect for same time games. Turns would start out at 3 minutes and increase a little every few rounds. I just haven't worked out how exactly when and by how much time it should increase.

How bout start at a minute and increase by 10 secs each round, think that would be quite fun
Virtuosity98 wrote:
The time wouldn't have to start increasing until at least round 4/5 as there are no massive kill streaks that early on in the game (unless there were loads of players, which the time increase would have to take into account). After that round it should increase incrementally, say by 5 secs each turn in my opinion.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
A lot of players who use the glitches against new players in order to farm points...er...I mean...a lot of really good players who enjoy a fair game aren't going to like this:)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
supiachao wrote:
A lot, but I think it makes the game healthier this way.
Win with your wits, not with the glitch.

Btw, lately, if you don't end turn, you'll end up missing a card, is that fix? Or it was a temporary problem while doing the coding?
supiachao wrote:
Ok, thank you for your hard work and dedication to make it a better game for all.
BETA wrote:
Wow. Want to try this New same time game type! ;)

Thanks vexer
Hoodlum wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=522175

experienced a new glitch i haven't seen before. my capital was taken first but my troops didn't convert over to my capturers. It shows it belongs to me, I am not sure what it shows to the other player or anyone else, but the other player said he couldn't use the troops.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Were you both attack each other's Cap's at the same time?
I ask that, because that's what it looks like and it might give more info' for the programmers.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.