true to life, short original quotes with profound significance.
  • 55 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
aeronautic
None of us would be here now, if not for every single occurrence in history.
I sometimes think about what I might do if I was in a different point in history with the benefit of hindsight and always come back to, anything I change will stop my current existence as well as the ones I love.
For example, just to go back to my grandparents on my mother's side, during WWII, if that delayed reaction bomb had exploded in Swansea town centre, just yards from them... you know the rest! Even after them surviving this, every single action, spoken word and thought had to occur for me to exist.

Let me know if this quote has been said and recorded before and by who.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
OXEN wrote:
Living in the "IF" is a bot far-fetched, wouldnt u say??? Aero since when did u become a hipster? :D
aeronautic wrote:
LOL Ox, my "IF" was more of a "What could I do to stop the Genocide" and always returns to, "None of us would be here now, if not for every single occurrence in history".

Do you have any profound thoughts?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
OXEN wrote:
Yepp I do and the follow;

"Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?"

"What came first the Egg or the basket?"

Areo, on serious note it is a interesting subject u've touched and the only conclusion I have in my OX-brain is that "Everything has a reason and doesn't have to always be explained nor can it be understood by our being until different stages in our life or perhaps until the afterlife"!

"Patience, common sense and simplicity!" is one life Motto the other I stole from 50c "Get rich or die tryin'" yeah said it whut whut!
Sygmassacre wrote:
What would it be like if you had chosen another career, another site to play on or to take a walk around the block before you went to work the last time? So many different alternate realities.....thank god for the Langoliers to keep the fabric intact lol
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
4960epic wrote:
Well....... I had to look up profound, ao im probly not intelligent eough to have "profound" thoughts :D but if i were hers acouple things
"Man that truck would look cool with a chrome stack"
"That tractor is awesome"
aeronautic wrote:
I think you need to relook at the meaning of Profound Thoughts epic, yours are 'personal preferences to the physical appearance of viewed objects'.

Also, nice try at the initial pretence of dim wittedness, we all know you are anything but.

Perhaps something like... "Youth is wasted on the young"
Sygmassacre wrote:
Or in his case "You reap what you sew" might be more appropriate
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Can anyone who is capable of profound thoughts and who understands Finnish explain this word for me?

Epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellänsäkäänköhän

It means something like “questionable this thing being doubtful its non-unsystematization”. I’m just curious as to what this crazy word actually is used for! :D
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
That's not a profound thought V98, it's a question !
aeronautic wrote:
I just had another one, only this one was more of a pondering thought!
aeronautic
If one was to make a mature thread about profound thoughts, would it inspire or become another available space to write graffiti
You might get one unique profound thought in a lifetime!
Something you have had many thoughts about where suddenly one new thought provides an answer to them all or rather puts them all in 'a nut shell'.
emjaydee wrote:
This is probably more weird than profound, but:

Many people who go through a 'near-death experience' mention seeing a long dark tunnel with light at the end.

When being born, you proceed down a long dark tunnel with a light at the end (I'm using poetic licence for that description!).

I'm not a believer in any form of deity, karma, or re-incarnation but ....

Is it possible people having these NDE's are being born into a new life, and those brought back result in a stillbirth of the child they were going to be?

(Apologies if anyone finds this offensive / has had a stillbirth experience. I'm not trying to offend or be insensitive.)
farspaceplace wrote:
there were studies made 40 years ago or so of peoples NDE´s from dif cultures: In western cultures the tunnel of light was common, among modern american indians( in the US) riding across plains was, in eastern europe (within the iron curtain) it was just the colour gray: so profound thought, the actual experience of death (not afterlife itself if such a thing exist), is culturally based... Now dont hang me up about the research, read it long age, hell it might even be wrong 
aeronautic wrote:
Here's one from Mark Twain:
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.