• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
emjaydee wrote:
Exactly as the title suggests. Would it be possible to display someone's current points in their profile?
I know you can view skill level, but this would also help you to gauge a user's ability.
Vexer wrote:
I'm not opposed to the idea but other staff are. Their reasons never convinced me. Lets see if they can convince you.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I like the idea, but the obvious argument against it is that people don't want others knowing when they're about to drop a rank (people may act harshly against them in games if they know that it will cause them to drop their rank).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
Who were eagainst the idea again? If it's only me and muzuanne you might as well implement it (provided you don't do things like automatic ranking, that I'm a bit stronger against)

For the reason why I don't like that: strategy.
You see, knowing your opponent is an important part of strategy. Why force this knowledge upon players. Because that would take away a part of the game.

You see, a game is not only about probabilities and where to place your armies.
It is, for example, also about manipulation in the chat. It is, for example, also about knowing your opponents.

It's something you have to figure out, how good is my opponent, will he make that mistake, or will he not?

But if it seems I'm one of the very few who thinks like this, let's just display the number of points.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
emjaydee wrote:
V98 - If that's an issue then show them as a band. e.g User has 2000-2500 points.

Matty - in that case, why not hide skill level? Or allow everyone to hide their rank at will?