:)
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
UltrasPlot wrote:
I'm thinking about making a tournament (on D12) since I have no mafia games except Inspectors which is really quite simple ;) and I'm on winter break Friday!

Any tour would probably be divided into x groups of 6 players where x is based on the amount of people who join.

Maps would be predetermined and you would have to play up to 2 games at a time, so if you aren't premium and want to play, keep that in mind!

Anyways here's my roadplan (12 players) (all games are 24 hours consecutive):

Round 1 (12 players) (Group Stage 1): 3p Brethren Coast Chained Increasing Fog Capitals (2 games at a time)
Anyone who fails to win a game is eliminated.

Round 2a (4-8 players) (Group Stage 2): 4p USA Adjacent Capped (25) Deathmatch (2 games at a time)
How this will work is that anyone who wins both games in Group Stage 1 will be slotted into both groups, and those that win one will be randomly assigned to a group each, guaranteeing that all 8 slots are filled.

Anyone who fails to win a game is eliminated.

Round 2b (Group Stage 2) (In the event that only 2 pass on) (Sudden Death): 6p World Classic Chained Increasing Capitals (1 game at a time)
Winner joins finals as a wildcard.

Finals (3-4 players): 3p Saturn Unlimited Fixed Fog Domination (1 game at a time)

OR

4p Solar System Unlimited Increasing Fog Deathmatch (1 game at a time)

Rounds and game setups are subject to change on further notice.

I don't know what would be a reward for this, prestige maybe? Experience? Maybe Fendi could add some points on the winner's account?

Anyways, I guess you can sign up here, I'll take as many that want to play up to 20, but I can start at 8 or 12. :)

Signups in the event that this happens:
1. Sygmassacre
2. emjaydee
3. maafi
4. slackbatter
5. 4960epic
Sygmassacre wrote:
Ooohhh a competition. Ill be in even if no extra prizes are on the line. Sign me up please :D
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
maafi wrote:
Does it give me a reason not to talk to my in-laws over Christmas?
Does it mean I take even more points off MJ?
It's a no-brainer - I'm in.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
maafi is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Thanks maafi. Totally lolled at the inlaw jibe. Totally made my day (Y)
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
aeronautic wrote:
Question: First I assume you mean each player will play 2 games in Round 1 and that they will play a different player/s in each game? What happens if each player wins 1 and loses 1 in Round 1? You end up with 12 qualifiers!
What happens if you replay the whole Round and it happens again?

I suppose with Round 1 being 3 player it would make sense to keep the same players in each game to be played X2, this would guarantee 1 winner, but it would not guarantee 1 loser, there could still be 2 losers.

With this system you would fare better with a table where only players who haven't yet won 2 games have to compete again until there are 8 equal winners and 4 losers, then move on to the next stage.

(Edit) The next stage should then be knock-out (sudden death), bringing it to 4 players, then semi final & final.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
slackbatter wrote:
Count me in. But I worry about a stalemate in round 2a with the card cap (assuming I could make it that far).
UltrasPlot wrote:
aero, round one is 3 player. therefore only eight can leave round one.

slack those were preliminary ones, I want to try something other than increasing on somewhere that won't stalemate... hard to find ;)
---
EDIT: Aero, double win in round 1 means you are seeded in both round 2 groups. ;)
slackbatter wrote:
indeed hard to find. You're right, that looks like a good option if that's what you want.
UltrasPlot wrote:
round games aren't permanent, those are just ideas for now... gonna finalize if we get 8 people joining ;)
emjaydee wrote:
With the 4 entrants so far, it looks like most of my long term games :D

Although I lose most of them :(