if want to help making the mall map
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
aeronautic wrote:
This is in the same format as D12's House Map.
Do you have the full size version you could post here for us to look at?
I like the way you have given different colours to the connection lines to distinguish connected territories and regions.

Did you make this yourself?

It looks like a lot of territories and bonus regions so it may be a very big map. If so, it would have been better to have been rotated 90 degrees to have the longer part of the map vertical to at least only have to scroll in one direction (up & down).

Are the separated skin colour entrances a special bonus or neutral territories?

Let's see a full size version of the map first and we can discuss everything else from there. If Flickr won't allow it, please upload it to somewhere that will allow the image's full dimensions. I am not sure of free places because I use my own server, but I think Photobucket is where most people upload to.

(Edit):
My next biggest concern after the size of the map is with game play, it looks like most of the map offers limited connectivity between Regions with most having to go through other regions to get to certain regions, kind of like having to go through adjoining rooms to get where you need to go.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Si vous rencontrez des problèmes avec la langue et les procédures , je ai fait un tutoriel pour vous aider à montrer votre carte en taille réelle . Se il vous plaît suivez ce lien pour le tutoriel :

http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1995&lastpost=1#post-29849

If you are having trouble with the language and the procedures, I have made a tutorial to help you show your full size map. Please follow this link for the tutorial:

http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1995&lastpost=1#post-29849
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Aeronautic said:
"Se il vous plaît"

You meant "S'il vous plaît"? Tut tut. :P
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, also "j'ai fait" not "je ai fait".
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
LMAO. I am trying to communicate with a French player using a translator. I am getting lots of pronunciation correction, but still no full size map!

If you guys can speak French, please talk to sweetpuppy by PM and explain what is needed before he/she does any other work on the map?

I do not (sorry... don't) think I will get to see the full size map.
PsymonStark wrote:
I already did a few days ago. The full size map is very big (>2000 px) but I think it's a gif.

EDIT: There, that last sentence made me upload it :P

Spoiler (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
UltrasPlot wrote:
this is bigger than Eld World and it still doesn't fit territory circles =/

also tattoo shop isn't capitalized
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks, big is good, at least we can shrink it.

Seem as he/she sent the link to you, what do you think about this map Spy Moon?

I will have a look over it tomorrow, it's very late now.
aeronautic wrote:
I don't think this is a map that will make it to the D12 maps. It is pretty much the same concept as house, but on a much larger and more complex scale.
I have looked at the large version uploaded by Psymon (thanks) and it currently has no real sense of purpose to the game play.
There are a lot of confusing areas.
It is not discussed by the creator and this is essential if a map is to progress or become a usable map.
The creator seems to have made a visual suggestion and expects somebody else to take on the work of developing it to become a playable map. I'm sorry, but that's not how it works here, you have to have the ability to create and develop a map from start to finish and may / may not request / be offered help by the cartographers.
It also appears to have been done in some sort of CAD program and would require mostly redrawing in a graphics package to relieve it of its sterility.

This is a fine example of why not to undertake a lot of work to create something which might turn out to be unsuitable or unusable.

Please, please, please use the Map Suggestions link and submit a low quality example / suggestion, but do not undertake many hours of work and create a new Map Thread unless you are certain that you have the abilities to undertake anything that is called for by the community / staff and intend to create and develop a map in accordance with the guidance / requirements.
Take a look at how many maps are in the "Discontinued / not pursued / no notable progress" section and this is only partially updated.