• 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Villain191 wrote:
Anyone else feel like points should be split equally in a lose as they are in a win?
cbt711 wrote:
I like it. It would lose more points for playing with a better player, and less for playing with a worse player. So it effectively rewards you for a harder game, and hurts you for an easier game, which is kind of the point of how the system works right?
UltrasPlot wrote:
^ agree 100%...
That way I lose less when I'm teaching someone the ins and outs of team play. :D
Vexer wrote:
I can see your point but at the same time this creates an incentive for higher ranked players to pick lower ranked teammates who they can just give orders to. If they win they win big and if they lose they don't lose as many as they otherwise would. This is really good for high ranked players and really bad for low ranked.

At the same time if your teammate is low ranked and messes up costing you the game you're gonna be pretty pissed that you are losing more than 3 times as many points as them.

Perhaps we can figure out a formula that is halfway between how it is now and an equal split.
BETA wrote:
I don't mind it the way it is.
I just need to be careful that I choose a teammate that I am confident I can play well with.
I like the added points from teaming with a player with fewer points than me, and I need to choose those players carefully.
Matty wrote:
Regardless of how the points are split. To me it seems that playing team games is bad for your points either way. Especially with 4v4 games or things like it. You have a 50% chance of losing it, and if you win you hardly get any points...

At least, that's as far as I get.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
I agree! The points suck, as you can see by my rank. But the game type is SO fun.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Matty did you mean to refer to a 2v2 team game (2 teams, I'm guessing by your 50% stat)? If so, that's comparable to 1v1 regular games in which also has ~50% chance of winning and you still hardly get any points. I don't think this is the cause of unfair points distribution.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I believe the winning players' points are calculated like normal and then averaged between them, while losers each lose individual points the same way they would in a normal game.
Matty wrote:
I said 4v4 somewhere, so yes, a 1 team vs 1 team situation.

But it also holds for 3v3v3 games for example, you get 3 times less the points, but lose as much as normal. So in order to make this effective, you need to win thrice the games... Which is a bit unfair in my opinion.

Also, everything goes as normal right now. You lose points depending on how good you are in comparison with the rest, and then the winner takes all. Except that the "takes all" part is split evenly (rounded down) between all winners.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria