Four and Three Splits versions:
1st rough draft (click to show)

Anchor Bay Polished drafts:
1st draft (click to show)

2nd draft (click to show)

3rd draft (click to show)

Combo of 2 and 3 draft (click to show)

FINAL draft (click to show)

My attempt at a balanced small map. Should have equal caps for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 player games. 9P not so much. Please feel free to comment!

OLD WRITE UP ON 1st ROUGH DRAFT: (click to show)

Thoughts?
UltrasPlot wrote:
Love the concept. Lots of regions are 1-border. No region has more than 2. I would consider a large region in the middle instead of Red and Green for farming cards, but other than that looks great. :)
Fendi wrote:
I hate it. Joking.
I really like how balanced it is, it's perfect for 2-3p games.
Madagascarter wrote:
I think all regions should have 2 borders. Also I think you need ports to move around the map easily. Also ports would give the seaside regions 2 borders.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
As aforementioned, I love the idea and this sketch is certainly a good map. However, as each region will be balanced with 3 borders (I'm guessing each will have three borders), with the current territory placement this will be impossible for the yellow, pink, orange, and light blue regions.
I may be totally wrong - each region may end up with only 2 borders, which would work except for the dark green region (which already has 3 borders).

I'm sure you've got it sussed out in your head, you just need to show us your plans - No-one can possibly know where the bridges will be placed and therefore how the regions will end up. I'll wait for an update :).

P.S. Ports are not necessary in my opinion as the map is very small already.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
This map is kinda grazy, but I like it though (except that its small, but that's another thing entirely).

It would make the map more fair if there would be bridges at all the territories at the right side of the map, giving each region two borders and two paths from top to bottom.
It would also make choosing the bonus for each region alot easier.
It would make the map less special as well.

But then if you don't place any bridges, well, it'll be a grazy map, but probably lots of fun none the less. Difficult choice here.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
@Matty: if you don't add bridges, the map will become very linear and not very suitable for capitals games, which was the idea of this map I think.

Ports... ugh, they are a bit overused. If anything I would like to see either that railroad idea, or implement the ports as ferry-services (with those dashed lines you often see on maps). I mean, imagine an army standing on the Staten Island Ferry to invade Manhattan XD.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Cireon - Jul 21, 10:19 AM
@Matty: if you don't add bridges, the map will become very linear and not very suitable for capitals games, which was the idea of this map I think.
But then why do ppl that play carribean always play capitals?
It has exactly that problem, and I agree it changes the idea of a capitals game completely, but it is an interesting game to play (though quite simple if you played it some times).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
I agree with Matty that this map may need some bridges. The game-play looks fun at it is but I'm afraid when playing capitals one can get easily stuck..if I'm not mistaken..
cbt711 wrote:
I think I can add two borders to each region and still have similar gameplay to Caribbean. The game play you don't see on Caribbean that uses two borders is that of Panama. I have played both to a fault way too much. 

As long as the cap is on a border (and not in the middle like Caribbean 4 player Bahamas), then you can still reasonably hold your bonus and have a stacked cap at the same time. That will be the initial plan for now. Each region with 2 borders. Green should not have 3, that was a mistake.
cbt711 wrote:
2nd draft (click to show)

With bridges. Now each territory has 2 borders. You can randomly place caps on here, 2, 4, 8 player caps would almost perfectly even like Saturn. 3, and 5, and 6 could be made competitively equal.

7 and 9? Yeah, no one should ever play 7 or 9 haha.

Bottom most, slightly left bridge is kinda optional, might take it out.

Dashed line will represent a Ferry. I really liked that idea. Also keeps the circular balance from top to bottom of the map.

With Railroad (click to show)

This ties the mountain side regions together top to bottom as well using a train track. Will draw some slick mountains, and a train tunnel at each end.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I like the 2nd draft much more! All regions look fair at the moment.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

cbt711 wrote:
Added train track to make all 8 regions equally connected top to bottom even, along with Ferry line.

Might change working title since Harbor is spelled differently depending on where you live.