If I win the game, the bad play report has to be void right?
  • 36 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Hoodlum wrote:
So..i play sametime.. lose a lot. trying to figure out wth is going on most of the time...fluked a win here and there. It's an adrenalin rush to play it and i can even feel my heart pound heavier. There is silence in the house. All of a sudden, I'm yelling farrrrrrrr#$@#$@#$.. and ?????. How did that happen? Only 1 person..BETA has offered any help in learning, but I like to do first, rather than listen or read , even if that means losing 10's and 20 of games. I take the loss like a good sport, ALL THE TIME. Rank goes up and down.. When I feel daring and halfway in between ranks...(I'm intrigued by the ranking system) I dare myself to play sametime games..I can afford a few points..but I can't stop! I lose plenty of games. I respect the vg sametime players, like elmar, spartakus, BETA and delijaFCRS. 3 player sametime is especially confusing and I have had many with delijaFCRS. He seems nice and always invites me to his games.....for easy wins probably lol. I am usually an ez victim for a kill against delijaFCRS. I had never won against delijaFCRS, until I came up with another strategy. I'll force him to have to worry about 2 players. It's sametime, and i dont have time to type or look at chat so am not organizing it with the other player but I can see he his preying like a vulture on my persistent aggressive play to keep delijaFCRS territories from growing to collosal numbers.. The third player is probably playing conventional sametime strategy..whatever that is. I think delijaFCRS, is clever enough to survive this, and he is for most of the game. And It worked. I finally won a game against delijaFCRS, where I was usually his kill for cards, and armies. sense of relief..Now to focus on the win, as I got rid of my main predator delijaFCRS. Although delijaFCRS isn't happy with my tactics, and I don't even know what is honorable play or conventional sametime strategy, as it's just a glorious mess most times, and no one bothers to tell me. I don't ask though. I TAKE IT ON THE CHIN, and dont complain. There have been two players, that have threatened to report my play. BadboyBlue and now delijaFCRS. I am not sure if there were any other complaints. I'm making mistakes as I adjust to D12, from regular RISK that I use to play.capitals..The.fly trade (5+ card rule)..fog of war, sametime etc..it's all new and interesting features..so forgive me. Those games that BBB and delijaFCRS went ahead and reported me for..were games I WON. So be a good sport. You wont see me cryin' bout it, Just grit my teeth and play another game.

http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=338351

http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=324759
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
cbt711 wrote:
Play with spartakus - he'll talk you through whatever he knows when there's time about same time games.
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah..I like playing against him too. He's a gracious winner and loser :)
iTrend wrote:
Hood,

LOL, yeah, your list of "the good, the bad and the ugly" will build up. Avoiding those who fall in one or two of the groups usually follows. 

Bottom line is D12 is really a great place! Great competition, solid management (who continuously works on improving site), and a lot of characters and free pizza on Friday nites!

Oh, and a few great friendships can come out of it!

;)
BETA wrote:
I suggest playing against good players.
and try to understand their moves and how they prepared for it.
and then, ask them questions.

And.. WATCHING GOOD PLAYERS' GAMES.

For example, lurk davidechko123 2p cap same time unlimited games. and you can learn what the most strategic plays are in all the situations in those games.
If you have more time, lurk spartakus Multi-player cap same time unlimited games to see his strategy and how he approaches those games.

and then play against them, using what you've seen, scouted, "researched," - against them, and you should be able to learn even more.

GL
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Sore losers can be really annoying, but at the end of it all, when people see your reputation scores they will know better than to avoid you because you are a fairly well-known D12 player. Also, your skill level of 20 is phenomenal after only a month on D12, so they will know that you are not a game-ruiner. Watching same time unlimited fortifies is a great way to learn as well, as mentioned above.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
Virtuosity98 - Jul 21, 08:15 AM
your skill level of 20 is phenomenal after only a month on D12
The 1800+ games played in a month (more than 50 games per day on average (!)) will be the explanation for that :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@CBT: o.o wow. I thought you'd played many more games than that. I'm impressed!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Sore http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=340321

Why do I always get a "report" for games I win?? This makes me very very sad. I just wanna be friends :)
Vexer wrote:

http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=340321

Ontario (Hoodlum) attacks Western United States (suldam) conquering it, killing 14 troops, losing 5.

He just doesn't want to play someone with that kind of luck.