3p caps map
  • 51 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Votazap wrote:
Hey everyone, I decided to make a map primarily for 3 player caps. This map is composed of 29 places and 4 different regions. This map is no where NEAR finished and needs a ton of work. I simply color coated the regions and and added in a temporary texture to show it. Here it is, please tell me your thoughts.
https://imageshack.com/i/id6ed11fj
Votazap wrote:
I will add another one later today with dotted lines to show the connections but basically all three of the smaller regions will connect to the bigger region.
naathim wrote:
I actually like the idea behind this, very similar idea to Caribbean. It'll be nice to have a different map with the same gameplay style.
Votazap wrote:
Making adjustments/adding textures, will post soon.Just to let everybody know, I am not keeping any of those plain colors or that ugly texture.
cbt711 wrote:
This seems like it would need a lot of work. It's really similar to elder world in construction - just smaller and a bit oblong, with the southern continent kinda squished in at the bottom of the map.
Votazap wrote:
I will add the minimap when or IF it ever becomes finished. And the images are a little blurry on imageshack.
naathim wrote:
Eh, still looks a little squished lol. That or it's too close to the bottom edge of the map.

The three or four territories on the far right side of the red region (where the connection line is) should be merged into one.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to have two connection line from each of the three independent islands? IDK if that would defeat the purpose or not.

LOVE the background ^^

I'm no expert but it looks like a lot of the border lines have been aliased. Which I think is a no no.

But still liking the idea behind it.
Votazap wrote:
Thanks naathim, yeah the border lines need to be cleaned up, but first I will "un-squish it" lol, it shouldnt take too long
Votazap wrote:
Okay, minor update but I made it a little less squished(I can always do more) and reduced the countries on the eastern side of the red region into 2(1 looked bad).
https://imageshack.com/i/hl7d7f10j

If more people want more connection lines I can add them.
Border lines being cleaned and actual countries will soon be added.
naathim wrote:
Woo man you're quick lol.

Remember all those territories have to have reasonable room for a territory circle and a name. I think you can still merge the four far eastern territories into just two and it will look fine/help gameplay. You might want to make the southern orange island a bit... fatter :D The four right ones are awful skinny.

IDK if the little two territory island will work or not... It kind of unbalances the game tbh. And takes up space you probably need for your minimap.

The two connection lines was just a suggestion, wait and see what others might think.

The whole thing just needs to be oriented up a bit. (that's what I mean by squished lol) The orange island is just too close to the edge, and I think you've actually cut off part of the Region Border for the purple island. Cut off half the distance between the green island and the top of the image and add those pixels to the bottom, that should fix it and still leave plenty of room for a title. And then maybe play around with the pixels on the right and left so purple doesn't look like it's about to fall off the edge of the world :P