Official Thread
  • 223 posts
  • Page 1 of 15
lifeinpixels wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm excited to announce the start of Dominating 12's second team tournament!

This tournament will be similar to the first one I organized a while back, but I think this one will be a bit more exciting. We'll be playing with teams of 2 players competing in games of 3-4 teams each, which helps to negate the stronger element of luck in the two-team games of our last tournament.

Here's how the tournament will work:
There will be 16 teams for this tournament in three rounds. Each round consists of two games, making a total of 6 games for this tournament. The first game will have four teams competing, and the second game will have the three losers from the first game. The winners from each of these games will advance to the next round. So the first round will have 16 teams, the second will have 8, and the final will have 4.

Gameplay will most likely be advanced increasing cards, no fog, consecutive turns, deathmatch, and chained fortification.

Team Games: Thanks to Matty's fantastic programming, team games now work almost flawlessly. Teams will have an in-game private team chat, and points are distributed automatically just like normal games. Additionally, players can now fortify across and to their teammates' armies, as well as place men on their teammates' territories, though they cannot attack or fortify from their teammates territories.

Prizes: The players on the first place team will each receive 250 points and 250 tokens. The players on the second place team will win 100 points and 100 tokens. The players on the third and fourth placed teams will each win 50 points and 50 tokens.

Maps: I'm considering using the World Expanded, Africa, Mediterranean States, Korea/Japan, and San Francisco maps. I'd like to hear whether you guys like these choices or would prefer others. Keep in mind that 3-4 teams equals 6-8 players. I'm also open to hearing whether you'd prefer to keep the two games in each round on the same map or switch it up.

Sign ups begin now! Reply to this thread with the name of you and your teammate, and a team name. I will be taking teams on a first come, first serve basis, so don't miss out! Once 16 slots are filled, i'll take 2-3 on a waiting list in case someone drops out before the start.

I'm very open to suggestions regarding anything I've said above, and everything is subject to change until the start of the tournament. If anything is changed, I will make it clear on this thread.

Also, I don't have much skill in the graphics department, but if anyone would like to help me set up brackets for this tournament, send me a PM. Thanks!
SpamFree wrote:
[image]

I have not yet found a partner, but hope to find one soon.

Have fun :)

UltrasPlot wrote:
Hmm... I know Tramadosphere is up for this one...
I have a good idea who my partner's gonna be but he can't time out on me ;3
Sygmassacre wrote:
DeathFromAbove makes a comeback.....oh wait, where's Aero?

Never mind, I'll sit this one out
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Axobongo wrote:
Axonaath team is IN.  (Axonaath is the name , AoN is the symbol)

Locked, loaded and ready. Myself and Naathim hereby officially sign in.

Pix , i strongly think *Westeros is a good size and structure for this kind of match.
Also *Tamriel , Also * Victron ,, all generally underrated maps but definitely excellently suited for team tournaments.

also , *Europe would be more fun in a team setting i suspect

side note: Apart from the value of their size and design , that they are less used is a big plus for a tournament , more of an adventure.

~-----~-----~

Neither sword nor arrow, nor pointy stick, shall avail , neither dart nor bullet nor ball of cannon ,,,nor even pointed shaft of digital dice nor pierce of rhino horn Shall pass through our armor and/or our questionable socks in pretense of false ambition to slow the advance of our mighty and deadly creed of noble conquest and perverted orgy and battle for the sake of the 7 delights . 
OXEN wrote:
I am down!!! NEed to find a like-worthy partner who enjoys girls and champagne as myself!! I will come back with partner ASAP!
snotpork wrote:
high there im looking for a team mate for the tournament
 (i preference a general but a basic wil do) lol
so if you think i am good enough for you please send me a pm
Axobongo wrote:
the Thorpe(and Pix's) 'tourney' page,,(brackets page?) ,, was so excellent. He even made nice team logo/avatars of the team names ..   http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/D12_2013_2v2_Tournament.htm    ----is there any volunteer with these skills?--- Or does anyone know how to contact Thorpe to persuade him to help set it up ? ( if so, Axonaath team could go ahead and use the same logo/avatar , just change A & C to A o N)

Lifeinpixels wrote:
Also, I don't have much skill in the graphics department, but if anyone would like to help me set up brackets for this tournament, send me a PM. Thanks![/quote
skarni wrote:
Ay Carmela will be again in. Muzuane and me will get the victory this time!!
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
oliver wrote:
Burning Cordoba is still alive!

descarado and oliver are in tha house
Abandono el juego por el trato recibido.
bluebird005vis wrote:
tontot and bluebird005vis will be teaming up for this 1.
Team name = Bluetone.
Dracarys wrote:
If I don't hear back from Loki in the next 24 hours and I still have an account I'll need a partner. PM me if you're interested.