A place to warn others
  • 141 posts
  • Page 1 of 10
elysium5 wrote:
Barret21

Darth Splitfoot
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
urgul wrote:
suiciders? or quitters? people commonly mix up the two

either way theyre bad. do you have any links to games where they suicided/quitted?
elysium5 wrote:
suiciders. people who blow all there armies against someone else knowing they are going to lose doing so without any intention of balancing out a game causing someone else to win thus ruining the game for everyone.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
bluebird005vis wrote:
When I 1st played here and I hadn't read the rules yet I suicided once.
On most sites with this type of game it's allowed but they work with player ratings so you can always tell after a few months play who the suicidebunnies are.
After that the only time I spend all my armies on 1 opponent is when I'm convinced he or she is about to win the game and my only option left is tot try and prevent this by making a last stand.

madmerlin, has suicided 5 times in games I played with him/her, only he/she calls it a bad desicion. As in " I took my last 12 armies and attacked your 35 and was really surprissed to lose ".
4 times I was the recepient of this " tactic".
Let's just say that when I play a game with this opponent I'm inclined to attack his/hers territories when I'm looking for a trade card.
Mt1960 has a tendency to do this as well only it's not really clear how he chooses his victims ( sometimes it's the player who attacked him the most, other times it's the player nearest to him ).

It must be said that in fog games sometimes it looks like someone suicides but in reality they a re making a last stand.
This is especcialy true if you completely surround a player.
They often think your rulling the majority of the map and try to stop you with all they've got.
Avoid this by always leaving 1 or more territories in the hands of other players lest they think you the big bad and blow all their troops trying to stop you and handing the game to the 1 player who's been quitly collecting troops in 1 army bonus land in the middle of nowhere.

It would be nice if the administrators of this site intervened when this happens but in my experience they don't.
On the other hand the system does regulate it's self.
When I play a player like madmerlin and I learn that this player likes to suicide you naturally change your tactics to suit this fact.
In a way they punish themselves in the longrun because the active players start to remember your actions of games past and you develope a reputation that works against you.
Vexer wrote:
The problem with admins intervening is that suicides can be hard to prove. But if you think you have a clear cut case and it's obvious from the game chat and the log please do report it. I think the biggest problem is that this behavior is under reported.
Matty wrote:
Apart from that you yourself can help alot by simple things like staying patient, explain his bad move and learn him to become better, instead of raging.

Lots of ppl tend to do the latter alas.

I mean, when I started I did stupid things as well, and the only reason why I learned how to play is because some of the awesome ppl around here had the time and patience to teach me.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
dsb5162

game 174948

Tried explaining why not to suicide and to read the site rules but doesn't seem to care. Beware when playing.
arschficker wrote:
jamie90 (game 181293) doesn't play to win, takes offence in everything we say, then tries to suicide on me (it was an half-hearted attempt but his intention was to 'take revenge' as he said it himself). perhaps an admin could advise him of the site rules and the strategy tips section?
arschficker wrote:
dimceto suicided on me: game 181843. it was a 3players game so he could be a second account of Dajana, only set up to manipulate games. maybe an admin could check it?
arschficker wrote:
shann1 suicides in game 181905! he even admits it:

'shann1: i suicide all the time no one does shit! hahaa'

Have the admins ever thought about taking any action to stop people like that or what is this thread for?
elysium5 wrote:
This thread is to discuss with or to warn other players. You must directly report to an admin for specific issues you want dealt with.

P.S. You might want to stop swearing as this site is all ages (and it is also against the rules). You can't really expect to be taken seriously if you are complaining about people breaking the rules while doing so yourself at the same time.
arschficker wrote:
yeah because some inappropriate words here and there are as bad as suiciding or what?
elysium5 wrote:
Both are offensive and neither is mature and both show disrespect to others. Both are against the rules and both detract from this site.