Prepare.....
  • 54 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
urgul wrote:
I showed a couple of examples to my friends through pm a while ago.... now it's time for the public ruling. I wanted to make a Middle East map, so what about a map of Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, and part of Iran?
Yes, I know that I'm not exactly following the 'example first post' thingy here, but I need a real opinion here. Is it worth it? I think I'm pretty good with gameplay, but I am gonna need some help with the actual looks of the map; after all, this is my first real map attempt. (Lol Philippines didn't last very long....)

• http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/urgul1/media/persiangulf-good_zpsa224199f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
  • Thanks for reading,
    urgullll
    The_Bishop wrote:
    I delayed a bit to understand that it is a map of Qatar and Arabian Emirates. Please give to the sea a different color to distinguish it from the land. Otherwise this map is not understandable...
    «God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
    urgul wrote:
    That will come in time, Bishop, along with territory names, ports , etc.
    cbt711 wrote:
    Spoiler (click to show)

Sorry, MS paint + 5 seconds, but I think this would help Bishop, and I am obviously just assuming this is the water of this map. I like the basic layout Urgul.
    urgul wrote:
    Yes that is the Gulf
    Good job.
    Not sure if that's the exact color I want it to be.... but it's definately good temporarily for Bishop and others who don't know the Gulf apart from the land.
    urgul wrote:
    I numbered all territories- not because I'm too lazy to name them (I'm starting to name them as we speak) but because I wanted to see if yall like the gameplay.
    Different colors represent different regions (don't forget there will be ports and everything... I'm thinking of putting ports at 29, 25, 10, 15, and 3.) All ports can attack each other, of course.

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/urgul1/media/contpersiangulf_zps42d5c4b9.jpg.html?filtersuser=137340700&filtersrecent=1&sort=1&o=0

Also, I need lots of help. There are some things I can do, and many things I can't.
    I can:
    -add territory names
    -add region names
    -color
    -draw
    -make the mini map (it will take a while, though)

I can't add territory circles, import photos to use (I made this map completely from scratch), and other stuff. Anyone who helps in a major way will get their name added to the map. (Cbt711, you're on the right track.)
    Thank yall so much,
    urgullll
    Keps wrote:
    Looks ok, but blue is too isolated. Needs more than one attack point given there's so many territories there. Or split it into 2 regions
    jtemple507 wrote:
    Hmm. Photobucket's giving me an error...I'd really like to see this map! I'll try again later, perhaps school is blocking Photobucket...
    naathim wrote:
    It's a small map and there might be a bit of bottlenecking. Whoever gains control of the blue region will have unfair chance of winning it seems like since it can only be accessed through two territories (I assume there'll be at least one more port up there). Port layout will be tricky and very important.
    urgul wrote:
    Here it is named. The regions are the same, and although I didn't put in the ports, I showed the area where I will put the mini map. Regions are, for now, the same. Please tell me if you an issue with the names.

Link (recommended):
    http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/urgul1/media/contpersiangulfnamed-2_zpsd67d80d1.jpg.html?filtersuser=137340700&filtersrecent=1&sort=1&o=0

Link for JT:
    http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/urgul1/media/contpersiangulfnamed-2_zps6f057d00.jpg.html?filtersuser=137340700&filtersrecent=1&sort=1&o=0
    jtemple507 wrote:
    Great! I like the map so far. I prefer small maps because I like games with only a few players.
    --JT
    The_Bishop wrote:
    I suggest to remove the port from 15 and add one at 19. And also from 29 to 20. It seems more logical to me so that they face each other. Also I would prefer 8 rather than 10 to keep the red region more defensible. And also 1 (or 2) rather than 3 to make the black borders more detached each other.

Some territories don't seem to be really... realistic! They seem to me too much created by fancy rather than real departments. But maybe I am wrong.

(Curiosity. Why you chose that location Urgul?)
    «God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein