• 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
JamesKer1 wrote:
I promised myself I wouldn't do another, but I'm tired of seeing all the moping. Let's get moving.

Rules:
The Moderator is always right. If there is an issue, feel free to point it out privately in a kind way, but do not make a huge ordeal about it, wreck the game, or complain excessively. If this happens, you will be excluded from further games. No exceptions

Play smart, use screenshots if you want to spend the time manipulating them, make friends and enemies, have fun, and go hang some people.

OC is allowed so long as I get put in the message. Yes, it's because I'm nosy and enjoy modding and seeing all of the stuff behind the scenes as you guys do. I'm not making any excuses for it :P

Be an enjoyable person to play with. No foul language directed towards someone, cookies are better than curses.

Signups:

I haven't even set up the game completely, so I'm taking as many or as few as needed (8 as a minimum of course)

Oh! And this will be an all power roles mafia. Stuff that makes no sense to anyone, random roles that sound so fake that they're real, and just good ol fun. May not be the most balanced game, but I'll find ways to makeup for it.
JamesKer1 wrote:
Only 3? Come on bums :) I've got the game set up now for 9, and it's a good one! There is going to be a lot of cool roles and people, in my opinion at least :D
Virtuosity98 wrote:
IN :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

hooboy11 wrote:
I'm in too, but I don't know how to play or what the game play looks like.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@hooboy11:

GAME MECHANICS: In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes (half the amount of players alive plus one or rounded up), they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.

*Many Dominating12 games include a Night 0, in which all powers except to kill or recruit may be used, unless allowed by the moderator*

During the Night, night actions may be used by roles known as "Power Roles". Many common power roles are listed in below spoilers, however, moderators may come up with additional roles to help balance a game or add an interesting element to it. At night, mafia is also usually allowed a kill, so in effect, town gets a kill during the day, and mafia gets one at night. However, there are also other night killing roles that are not necessarily mafia, but those are usually reserved for more complex games.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

Keep in mind that deception, deceit, and lying are not only allowed, but encouraged and expected. Be careful who you give information to, and don't hesitate to ask a moderator for help!

___

BASIC RULES: While this is not something set in stone, this is a basic guideline for rules on D12. However, make sure you read the moderator's rules for each game, as there may be differences.

Rules:
-You must do your best to help YOUR faction win.
-All forms of outside communication on this site are allowed, but moderators must be included in PMs.
-Do not post after you die.
-Do not post in the game thread if you aren't in the game.
-Please do not edit posts.
-Votes take this format: Lynch USER
-Actions take this format: D/NX - ACTION USER. If there are multiple moderators, please send actions in a PM including both or all of them.
-No bribing the moderators or other players
-The moderator is always right. If there is an issue, respectfully bring it to their attention, but do not argue it.

I reference you to the forum: "A Noob's Guide to DXII Mafia" http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1849&lastpost=1#post-28289
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
@Jamesker1: That's 9!! Let's get this started! :roll:
Day Actions: